Saturday, July 28, 2007

A Neil Gaiman Quote On Writing or "How Writers are like magicians"

Neil Gaiman, a well-known fantasy and science-fiction author, had this to say about writers at the San Diego Comicon Convention:

“What I really, really admire and care about most are those writers who can make me go, ‘Oh my god, he’s going to cut that poor woman in half,’” he said. “The writers who make me forget that there is anybody behind the curtain, the ones who make me just go, ‘I want to know what happens next.’ Beautiful writing is part of it; I love beautiful writing but I really want to be able to wander into the story in such a way that I can’t find my way out unless I keep reading until the end.”

Taken from Newsarama.

Here's the trailer for his most recent movie adaptation, Stardust, a story of a star that falls to Earth, that happens to be a woman. Calamity and hilarity ensues. It stars Claire Danes, Michelle PFeifer, Rupert Everett, Sienna Miller, & Peter O'Toole.


2 comments:

Jaime said...

um, Stardust has a bad-ass cast. i actually kinda want to see it now, just from watching the trailer.

Ty said...

Now, this is a movie I can go see. Most definitely. The cast is great as Jaime points out, but the story seems just as interesting.