Monday, July 30, 2007

Alvin & The Chipmunks Movie Or "I see my childhood crumbling..."


Alvin! Simon! Theodore! Doot! Doot! Do Do Do Doot!

Who knew a tape wound a little too tightly could make such pleasant sounds for Rugrats? Being apart of what I'm guessing is the second generation of Chipmunks fans,
this 80's cartoon made my weekday (or was it Saturday) mornings.

And now there is going to be a live-action movie. Just in time for Christmas. Who was naughty?

Most people have bulked at yet another movie where Hollywood is raping our childhood to make a quick buck; but at the sametime, I won't complain if it's done right (yeah, like that's going to happen?)

In any event, here's a list of the top 10 things wrong with the movie poster taken from VH1's Infamous Best Week Ever

10. WHY ARE THE CHIPMUNKS SO GANGSTA?!?!?!
9. Alvin has no eyes, and might very well murder your first born.
8. NO, REALLY, DOES ANYONE HERE REMEMBER ALVIN LOOKING LIKE EMINEM‘S BALLSACK? If I were walking down a dark street, and Alvin and his thuggy friends were walking towards me… I WOULD CROSS THE STREET. And they are animated chipmunks.
7. Jason Lee’s mutant eye-brow. I’ve never seen a bigger cock(ed brow) in my life!
6. The tag line “They’re Back and Bigger Than Ever” is worrisome… how big are these little Thug-munks going to be? Look, at a foot tall, they can still be sort of adorable, but anything over 4 feet will induce the sort of childhood nightmares not seen since Follow That Bird. Perhaps they had to adjust Chipmunk size because of the tall and lankified Jason Lee? Where is Danny Devito when you need him?
5. Theodore’s childhood squirrel-besity problem.
4. Chipmink CGI’d claws are freaking me out.
3. Fine, fine, make the Chipmunks as gangsta-fly as you want… But Simon’s 1990’s hat/glasses/hoodie combination are making me want to jump-jump right now.
2. Simon was supposed to be the nerd! They could have made a tall, slender, hipster chipmunk that would have had dork girls swooning! Instead, they’ve given us DJ Jazzy Sizz-imon.
1. From the looks of it, seems producers are trying to “spruce up” the Chipmunks to a new generation of fans… and that worries us. Will they even sound like the helium-drunk critters we remember from yesteryear? Or will they have deeper man-munk voices now? What are kids going to do with helium balloons at birthday parties — use them for heroin consumption? Is the Lollipop League dead and gone for good?


Here's the trailer:

7 comments:

Tracie Mae said...

Uhmmm, I'm not too sure about this movie. Being an 80's baby, I grew up on the Chipmunks and I still have their album where they did all collabos with the Chipettes. I thought Uptown Girl was a Chipmunk original...don't laugh. I don't like the whole real environment mixed with animated chipmunks thing. Just pick one, I say.

Jaime said...

OH MY GOD. i laughed so hard reading the top ten list at the front desk here at PC that i scared people.

BEWARE THE THUG-MONKS!!!

Ty said...

This is just wrong! It's horrible and it makes me cry just thinking about it. Another childhood memory is being ruined. Thanks Hollywood!

Becca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chrissy said...

the poo was too much!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I have little time.
---------------------------------------------------------
Signature:buy levitra professional online uvh